We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Prague night train Question

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow to Prague night train Question

Are tickets not available to purchase online for the night train leaving Krakow to Prague? I am afraid 2,3 person rooms will be sold out since I would be buying ticket same day it would be leaving.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Not available on-line, but you could contact www.polrail.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Are the station prices listed anywhere, just curious how much of an upcharge they charge.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Hm I see this

07:05 KRAKÓW DWORZEC AUTOBUSOWY

That is across the street from Krakow Downey correct? So I cant walk right to it from my train which gets in at 6:30am. Anyway to buy ticket in advance?

Carrier: Q-BUS KULAWIK PIOTR

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Meant to post the above bus question elsewhere, sorry.

5. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 20:07
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Whether the train sucks or not its the only night train from Krakow to Prague so its my only option. Thanks for the heads up though.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Just wanted to share my experience...

I took night train from Prague to Krakow. The name of the train is Silasia. I was pleasantly surprised that it was much better than I thought! I bought a sleeper ticket and the sleeper was very comfortable. I had one compartment with 3 bunk beds and surprisingly i was the only passenger in that compartment!

Each carriage has 1 attendance and he will collect your ticket at the beginning of journey, and ask you what you would like to drink in the morning (coffee or tea). The bed is comfortable enough and most importantly it was very clean. I slept very well and did not encounter any problem. You can lock your compartment from the inside. In the morning, half hour before arrival, the attendance would knock your compartment and bring your coffee/tea with bread. They also provide bottled water in the compartment.

I would suggest you buy the sleeper instead of couchette.

I suppose it would be the same train from Krakow to Prague...

Edited: 19 January 2013, 20:13
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Natnaw thanks for the info, the sleeper car is like 2 dollars more then the couchette. So I guess its worth it.

I am travelling solo so dunno whether to pick 3 bed or 2 bed if it makes any difference. I hope to be alone in it.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

I think if you're alone, they automatically put you in 3 bed compartment...I was not given options when I bought the ticket, they just put me in 3 bed.

I know I was so lucky to have the compartment all for myself. Even when you have to share, the good thing is you will be put in a compartment along with the same gender. On my ticket, i have a mark that shows that I am a female. I noticed the compartment next to mine was 2 guys in there.

boston
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow to Prague night train Question

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Does that mean you wouldn't be woken up for passport check when crossing the border? Can you leave your passport to the conductor so they don't wake you up for passport check in the middle of the night?

Get answers to your questions about Krakow