We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling Alone in Krakow

Lake Mary, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling Alone in Krakow

I am planning a trip to Krakow at the end of September. Is it a safe place for a woman to travel alone? What is the weather like at time? Thanks!

Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling Alone in Krakow

Hi, You will be absolutely fine, especially if you stay in the city centre. Usual precautions , that apply all the world over should suffice. Keep your money safe on public transport etc, avoid Planty(green belt round the old city) on your own after dark (but no problem during daytime), use reputable taxi firms ( you ring for one). Some parts of krakow have bad reputation, they tend to be estates out of the city centre and Nowa huta (sorry folks, I know a lot of you living there are decent people) and except for the latter (if you want to see the "model communist town) , you are unlikely to venture out there. For Nowa huta, you may want to consider a guided tour (www. crazyguides.com) but otherwise there is plenty to do and see in the krakow old centre. Parts of Kazimierz (the jewish quarter) used to have bad reputation but again during the day you'll be fine, and in the evening parts of it are buzzing with nightlife. Also, get a phrazebook and practice some basic words/sentences and you'll be fine. Hope it will go well!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling Alone in Krakow

Hi kappy1

How did your trip go? I am planning on going alone next month...any tips/advice/places to recommend where I won't stick out like a sore thumb?!

3. Re: Traveling Alone in Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 19:21