We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

Walsall, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

I am a pensioner and wish to travel alone from Birmingham to Krakow where I wish to stay for four nights,

from 4th to 8th April 2013.

Could you please advise the most direct route for me to get there and roughly how much it would cost.

Thank you

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
261 reviews
from US$87.20*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
91 reviews
from US$72.90*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
247 reviews
from US$48.00*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Half-Day...
1,358 reviews
from US$48.42*
Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

Hi.

Train travel from Birmingham to Krakow will take a lot of time, more than 24 hrs. Are you sure that you want to travel this way for only 4 days in Krakow? It will be exhausting and will require at least 3 or 4 changes.

If for some reason you don't want to take direct Ryanair flight from Birmingham to Krakow and you prefer trains, then here you will find tips how to get from London to Warsaw (from there it's easy to get to Krakow): http://www.seat61.com/Poland.htm#.USS-4Dvh5oY

There are also direct buses connecting Birmingham with Krakow but the travel is veeery long (30 hrs or so) and not cheap (about 100 euro).

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

Birmigham london brussels amsterdam warsaw krakow is one option. I think there is also a route via berlin.

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

scottishpoet, in the link I gave above you will find all the best routes listed. This website is great, I really recommend it to all people who want to travel by train anywhere in the world :)

Walsall, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

Thanks for your time in answering my query for an intended trip to Krakow for my sons stag party.

Unfortuately I am awaiting an operation for an aneurism and the doctor tells me I should not risk flying. The only other alternative being by road or rail.

I think the help on this site will be useful for any future trips I may make and it is nice to know there are people out there willing to offer their advice.

Thanks again.

Alan H.

5. Re: Birmingham (England) to Krakow by rail.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:17