We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow -places to visit info

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
east lothian...
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow -places to visit info

Can't wait will be visiting Krakow next week for 3 days. Trying to plan in advance. Are the electric buggies and horse and carts started yet or is it too early in the year. Any suggestions of good restaurants and bars to visit. Any info will be a great help. Planning to do Auchwitz and Salt MInes tours.

Ivybridge, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow -places to visit info

Yes the electric buggies and horse and carriages are out. Cant help with restaurants as we ate in the hotel but there are plenty to choose from. Enjoy your trip.

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow -places to visit info

There are plenty of things to do in Kraków! From the 'top things to see' I'd definitely recommend the Wawel Castle, The Jewish district (Kazimierz) - also you should try the traditional Jewish cuisine, Schindler's Factory (when my friends from Australia visited we spent hours there!), the Town Hall (Sukiennice - the biggest market in Europe), Saint Mary Church, Museum of Czatoryski Family (they have Da Vinci painting), Barbica (old defence walls), Collegium Maius (the oldesr university in this part of Europe). Those are the most important ones.

Definitely recommend Auschwitz and Salt mine, but make sure you split that into 2 days.

As to the cuisine - we Poles like to eat (and drink). But it's not a light weight unfortunately... A great traditional meals are served in Chlopskie Jadlo (few locations around old market square, eg. Saint John's No 3 - ulica Świętego Jana 3). Make sure you try traditional bullion soup in bread bowl :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow -places to visit info

They were running in December, but very expensive! Unless you have mobility difficulties I'd suggest the free walking tours, very informative (they have to be good as they survive on tips) rather than paying loads to sit in some buggy being played a recording.

Loads of previous threads on Auschwitz and salt mines.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow -places to visit info

Would you consider doing a cycle tour. I was in Krakow last Sept for 3 days, and did the cycle tour on the morning of my first day there. It cost 80PLN, lasts 4 to 4.5 hours and will give you a great introduction to Krakow and it's history, and bring you around places that you most likely would not normally go to, if trying to find your own way. The tour was about 13/14 Km at an easy going pace with plenty of stops for rest and the imparting of information. There was quite a lot of information given in relation to the impact of WW2 on Krakow.

See the reviews on TA - tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g274772-d11…

5. Re: Krakow -places to visit info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Krakow