We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free time before hotel check in

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
free time before hotel check in

Hi, i'm going to Krakow next week and get into Krakow airport around 12pm but i can't check in to my hotel until 2pm. Does anyone have any ideas for what i can do in this time gap? If it wasn't for the fact i'd have my luggage with me, i'd have quite happily just wandered around. I'm also debating how to get to my hotel in the first place. Do people suggest booking a transfer? or getting a taxi? It's my first time abroad alone so am new to all of this.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free time before hotel check in

go to your hotel....they might have your room already available....if not just drop off your luggage there and head out to the rynek....take the train into town from the airport....it would help if you state where you re staying

Hampshire
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free time before hotel check in

Hi Laura

Ask your hotel if you can have an early check-in or ar least drop your bags there early - most places I've stayed at are happy to let you leave your bags if your room's not ready. Where are you staying?

Personally I'd get the train or a taxi - the taxi's seemed to be a lot cheaper last year. Ask for a price before you get in though. If you want a transfer there's plenty to choose from if you do a search - pretty sure someone will be along shortly to post a link ;0)

Edited: 08 March 2013, 20:31
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free time before hotel check in

Don't forget you're only taking 2 hours between landing and check-in. You've got to get through immigration, shuttle bus to the shuttle train and into Krakow - if you're staying somewhere near the station, go straight there and have a coffee to fill in your time. If you're not stayng close by then it's still a choice to have a coffee or a beer somewhere close by, then get a taxi?

Edited: 08 March 2013, 20:43
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free time before hotel check in

Thanks for the advice, i'm staying at the Camea Hotel, Grodzka 31

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free time before hotel check in

Looks good - I'd go with my plan B - have a coffee if you have spare time once your train gets in, then cab it, or just go straight there if you're cloe to 2.00

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: free time before hotel check in

go to your hotel, chances are your room will be available already

if not, then leave your bgs in the hotel and head out to the main square for a bit of lunch. its only a 5 mins walk from your hotel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: free time before hotel check in

Depending on the train times, you could have lunch/beer/coffee at the airport, there are a few reasonably priced snack bars and self service restaurant. The trains aren't that frequent in the middle of the day so you may have a bit of a wait for the next train.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: free time before hotel check in

As the above have said, Getting through immigration getting bags and then taking a train to Krakow will easily take 30+ minutes. Taxi will cost around 80 Zloty thats about £17 at current exchange rate or take free shuttle bus outside main airport entrance (its free) and the station is literally 100 yards from the Airport, a return ticket to Krakow valid for 30 days was 20 Zloty (less than £5) when i was over at the end of January this year and again will take about 20 mins to get there, to get to your Hotel from train station is a bit of a walk so you would probably need to get a taxi from train station to Hotel, probably in your case better just getting a Taxi from Airport to hotel save all the hassle.

I have been to Krakow many times usually arriving in the morning\noon, most times room is ready, if not Hotel will let you leave luggage there till room is ready.

Your Hotel is on probably the most famous street in Krakow and you are virtually a 2 min walk from the main tourist square "Rynek Glowny" once there you have the choice of dozens of cafes\bars to kill your wait and a nice way to introduce yourself to Krakow. I would say enjoy your stay but i know you will, i have been going to Poland\Krakow for many years now and still get a buzz as i get of the plane you will love the place :)

Kevin(Glasgow)

9. Re: free time before hotel check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:18