We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover between cesky krumlov and krakow

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Stopover between cesky krumlov and krakow

Hi

We are driving the above route and understand it is an 8 hour drive. We are thinking of stoping over for a night on the way but the main towns don't look too appealing . Any suggestions?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
40 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover between cesky krumlov and krakow

I think it should be less than 8 hours. It is 570 km and 430 km on motorways. I think that even if you have a 30 min break on the way you still can manage that in 6.5 hours.

However, you cannot be always sure of the traffic especially when arriving at Krakow. If you want to stop for overnight I suggest Bielsko Biała, Cieszyn or Zywiec (the last one is the origin town of popular Polish beer). They all have very nice old towns and are located just on the other side of the border when you cross from Czech Republic. You will easily reach them in 5 hours.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 10:31
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover between cesky krumlov and krakow

Many thanks

3. Re: Stopover between cesky krumlov and krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Krakow