We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

I'm traveling end May 2013 from Prgue to Krawkow and from Krakow to Bratislavia on overnight trains. The tickets my fiance and I got are Regular 1st class European East Pass 95 days within 1 Month). Could someone kindly hep with these questions:

-What are the differences in the 1st and 2nd class tickets? We just got 1st class becuase it cost the same from another website.

-Is it safe to travel on overnight trains in the regular 1st class cabins with luggage? We're moving from Prague to Krawkow to Bratislava to Budapest then back to Prague so we will have big lugagge with us.

-If not, would you suggest sleeper cabins? I read that unless we get the private ones, males and females have to split up and we prefer not to.

-Must we top up for overnight trains if our tickets are the Regular 1st class European East Pass 95 days within 1 Month)?

-Which website can we go to to book our seats reservations?

-Is it best to get the hotel to make arrangement to pick us up from the train station or to flag down a cab from the stations?

Thanks so much for your help!! =)

Best Seller
Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
262 reviews
from US$87.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau...
93 reviews
from US$72.70*
Best Seller
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
249 reviews
from US$47.90*
Special Offer
Krakow Super Saver...
797 reviews
from US$87.00*
US$94.50
Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

For travel on the overnight trains on these routes, you only need a 2nd class ticket, unless you're traveling in a Single (1-person) sleeping car compartment. Of course you can travel on 1st class tickets, though.

If you have a lot of luggage, you'll probably want to book a Double sleeper cabin for just the two of you. Your pass will work with this, but you will need to buy the sleeper accommodation to supplement your passes. The two of you can share a Double.

If you tell us your hotel name, other TripAdvisors can probably tell you if you need a taxi or whether the hotel is in walking distance.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

Remember that Prague - Krakow sleepers (and other seat reservations for international Polish trains) can't be booked online. You have to use an agent (like the above Jeffrey Dobek's Polrail).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

My Prague Hotel 's name is

Charles Bridge Apartments

U luzickeho seminare 18

Prague 1 - Mala Strana

and my Krawkow Hotel's name is:

Florianska Apartment House

Florianska 39

Krakow, 31-019

Poland

Anyone know how much it'll cost approximately to take a cab from the Aprtment to Prague's train station and from Krakow train station to the apartment?

Is it better to use the local currency or Euros in both countries?

For reservation of double sleeper for this route, how much would I need to top up per pax?

4. Re: Overnight Trains to and from Krawkow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 06:18