We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

First time visiting Poland and extended my trip by one day to see Krakow on a Saturday. best option seems to be to catch the early flight to Krakow from Warsaw arriving at 8 a.m Two questions:

1)Any recommendations for a car service to take us to Auschwitz, salt mines and back

2) Planning to take the train back as there are no evening flights to Krakow the train most convenient is at 19:06 reaching Warsaw 22:25. so you see any issues with this plan?

Thanks,

Shashi

Edited: 07 May 2013, 00:12
Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

Just that if you're going to be going to Auschwitz and the salt mines, you'll have barely any time in Krakow itself.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

Thanks. I know one day is too less

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

I don't think you can actually do both, and do them justice, in the time allowed.

Even if your plane is on time, it could take up to an hour to get through security.

From Krakow centre, the journey to and tour of Auschwitz takes about 6 hours.

At the Salt Mine , you have to descend 378 steps, and wait for the start of a tour in the language you prefer. Then the tour itself s 2.5 - 3 hours. After that, if it's busy, it can take 30 minutes or more queuing for the lift to the surface.

So that's about 10 hours , plus the trip to the station.

I'd suggest staying in Krakow for at least one night, then you can do the trips on different days. And see a bit of Krakow.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

Wow! Yes, That is a long time. Maybe based on your suggestions we do the tour of Auschwitz and then come back and see the Krakow city a bit and then catch the train. Any suggestions on a car service?

5. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 08:54
Edited: 07 May 2013, 08:54
London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

These are reviews of the various companies offering airport transfers and tours. Most of the reviews have links to their websites.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g274772-Activi…

If you want individual transport from the airport to Auschwitz, then return to a hotel, I'm sure some will give you quotes.

Otherwise, it might be better to consider a transfer into Krakow to your hotel, then book two tours, one for that afternoon, the other for the following morning. Or both tours on the second day - you'd probably have an 8am start, making the timing more feasible.

That at least gives you a little time to explore the beautiful city of Krakow.

7. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 20:35
8. Re: Car Service for a day trip to Krakow

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:19