We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight train to Budapest from Krakow

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Overnight train to Budapest from Krakow

Hi,

If this specific version of this question has been asked before I apologize, but I was planning to go from Krakow to Budspest tomorrow & I can't seem to figure out how safe the overnight train is for a woman traveling alone. I could always take the Eurolines bus but that seems like it may be very uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight train to Budapest from Krakow

Yes, the topic of safety on overnight trains has been discussed many many times and we are a bit tired of having to reiterate that they are perfectly safe as long as you take the normal common sense precautions, the same as you would travelling at night in your country.

Here is one of the longest ones debunking some urban myths:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k6448…

Edited: 11 June 2013, 17:24
2. Re: Overnight train to Budapest from Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:17