We are a young couple staying for 5 nights in spatz hotel arriving on the 27th July. I have read a number of the forum posts but still have some questions I hope you can help me with.
1. We are planning on taking a trip to Auschwitz and get there using public transport as we want to spend more time there than the tours seem to allow.
- There seems to be conflicting information regarding the earliest bus to Auschwitz, is anyone able to confirm what time the earliest but leaves?
- Once at Auschwitz can you book a particular time slot for a tour or do you have to take the next available? The plan is to spend some time in camp 1 before the 10m cut off then take the tour and then go to camp 2 take the tour and then spend some time there. If you have been on the tour can you re-enter camp 1 before 3pm or do you then have to wait?
2.Can anyone recommend an exchange Kantor in the Kazimierz area? I've tried using google maps to look for ones already recommended but it comes up with a number of different options.
3. What are the general dress codes around Krakow? Am I rite in thinking I wont be allowed into churches in shorts? Does this also apply to restaurants?
4. Is it easier to get a bus or a train from the airport? Are the tickets for a single trip or can you buy one ticket that can be used across the public transport network for the length of the stay?
5. It is my girlfriends birthday while we are there, can anyone recommend a good restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere for dinner, whilst we both want a really nice meal we don't want it to be to formal.