We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living

Save Topic
Cost of living

Hi I'm due to visit krakow in a few weeks. Can anyone give general advice regarding the cost of living, meals, drinks etc

Many thanks

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living

Average prices in an average sit-down place, not too fancy and not too shabby (you can find lower or higher prices, depending on where and what you want to eat): beer 0.5L 6-9 PLN, main course 25-35 PLN. 1 scoop of ice cream: 3-4 PLN. 0,5L bottle of mineral water in a shop: 1.10-1.80 PLN.

Hyderabad, India
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living

Hi, i have been offered a salary of 1200 euros per month in Krakow excluding taxes, is it enough to stay (2 persons) and save some euros.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living

That is around 3500 PLN a month "brutto".

If you were on your own and prepared to share accommodation with others I think it would be OK, but for two of you to be on only that I think you may struggle. If the 2nd person could get a similar paid job you should be OK.

Others may have a different opinion

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living

sorry I got my conversions wrong

1200 Euro is currently 4200 PLN

I doubt you will save much Euros

Edited: 19 March 2014, 23:20
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of living

"Excluding taxes" means after taxes or before taxes? If the first one then it should be ok for the two of you, not much but people here definitely can live for less.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 23:22
Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of living

My suspicion was "excluding taxes" means before he pays tax. I would agree if this is after tax then its not a lot for two people but they could live on it. But they will not be saving many Euros as asked in the OP

7. Re: Cost of living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21