We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

Hi there arriving in Krakow this weekend and was just looking for bang up to date info on this as I'd like to arrive at the museum before 10am

1. What time do minibuses depart from the bus station

2. Where they depart from in the bus station

3. Buying tickets ie beforehand or from driver. Single or return ?

4. Can you then buy a single for the regular bus back to Krakow (from the driver) as I understand this is a little quicker

Many thanks, sorry for so many questions

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

At the RDA (bus station) there is a departure board and the bus will show either Oswiecim or Auschwitz so they;re easy to find. You'll also find minibuses on the street. The buses run about every 20 minutes from about 07:00

Tickets are singles only, and you can buy from the driver.

Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

thanks john. don't want to get up too early if I don't need to so theres definitely a mini bus at 8am too?

....and no problem with buying a ticket at Auschwitz for regular bus back because I understand they stop less on the way?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

I'd get there sooner and just get the next bus out. Any bus will get you back to the city - and no problem with buying a ticket from the driver - or walk to the rail station and get the train if you fancy a change

Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

oh if it were just me I would but its me and my wife and I expect she'll be sampling the vodka the night before!

So going back to your first reply and just so that I'm sure........are you saying that ALL minibuses depart from the street outside the station and not inside?

thanks

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

There's a multi-level system operating here, buffy. The more legit the operator, the close to the RDA they will operate. Both buses and minibuses operate out of the RDA, and these are - in general terms - the most legit. Close by there are also independent operators who simply leave when full, rather than stick to the timetable as posted in the RDA. Then there are some less, um, well, let's be blunt, rogues who will try to over-charge you to travel on their "luxury" minibus. They're the ones to avoid.

For a beginner, go to the RDA.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

What's the difference in price between getting a bus or a mini bus? Cheers

7. Re: Up to date minibus info Krakow to Auschwitz (arrive b4 10am)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17