We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow or Prague

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow or Prague

Krakow or Prague? I will be with my wife and we want to stay for 2 weeks.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow or Prague

I would also say do both. Your get mixed opinions like everything as it depends on the person. I have been to both and if I personally had a choice Krakow would win hands down. But Prague is also a beautiful city and worth seeing, just Krakow is my personal choice.

If you can do both then I would recommend it

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow or Prague

Its a matter of personal taste. Both are very beautiful cities with lots to see and do.

It is possible to see both if staying for two weeks, and I would imagine it would make a wonderful holiday

Edited: 11 November 2013, 15:45
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow or Prague

Hi i think most on here will vote Krakow! .But 2 weeks is a long time in 1 city, you could do both with a train transfer?or even add Zakopane to give a country mountain ellement to your trip its really nice down there.I think planning a trip is one of the pleasures of travel so have fun.Cheers Chris

4. Re: Krakow or Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 22:02
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow or Prague

Also something to think about is neighbouring city that maybe you could see. Like mentioned about Zakopane is really nice I have been there. Things to do in both winter and summer. Maybe Katowice. Nowy Sacz also. Many to choose from

Bury, manchester
Level Contributor
83 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow or Prague

Having been to both, Krakow for me by a mile. The History seen together with the overall impact it had on me left a lasting impresssion. Not forgetting the value for money in terms of food and drink. Id go back to Krakow - not Prague. but as others have said - horses for courses.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow or Prague

We have done both in 10 days, flying into Krakow, taking night train to Prague, and flying home from Prague. I prefer Krakow, but Prague is a significantly bigger city. Prague is more expensive but offers many larger city type attractions. We found unique flea markets, saw Les Mis in Czech, and walked throughout the city. Both have castles, old towns, marvelous cultural events and rivers. Bottom line I would do both if I had two weeks, especially if you have been to neither.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow or Prague

Prague without a doubt.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow or Prague

As I wrote in the other thread - I would do both. 2 weeks in any of those cities is just too much and there is so much to see in both of them.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow or Prague

Ok, my opinion would be do both if you can, but for my view comparing the two Krakow wins hands down, its much cheaper and way more friendlier, I think Prague is more medieval looking kind of spooky at night in a good way! esp when its foggy over the bridge.

But I found that it was full of pick pockets and too main street entertainers, I also didn't like the fact that in restaurants they would try and rip you off with the bill.

As this is a Krakow Forum I am more for Krakow because its my fav City outside my home town, but to get the experience if you can fit in both do them both. The world is there to see.