We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow - Ljubljana

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow - Ljubljana

I found on Slovenian Forum , and no advice! May be here!

Ljubljana - Krakow - Ljubljana

Dec 04, 2013, 3:31 PM

Hey guys,

I'm planning a round trip from Ljubljana to Krakow and back by bus or train. I was wondering what is the cheapest and most convenient choice for my trip? Ideally I need to arrive in Krakow on Mon 30 Dec and leave from Krakow for Ljubljana on Thu 02 Jan in the afternoon/evening.

As far as i know there is no direct bus line Ljubljana-Krakow and the train ticket is very expensive. I thought about going by bus through Budapest. Ljubljana - Budapest return ticket costs about 30 euro, what about Budapest - Krakow? Where can I find a complete timetable with prices and is there a way to book a ticket online? I've looked on orangeways.com and a return ticket costs about 50 euro, but there is no Krakow - Ljubljana bus on January 2nd.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated

Regards,

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow - Ljubljana

Train ticket Ljubljana to Budapest is €49 return, buy when you get there, then you can do Budapest to Krakow in the overnight train from €19 each way, but it is highly recommended to pay a bit more and get at least a couchette berth (from €39)

Book the night train using Hungarian railways europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai…

It is a LONG journey so make appropriate plans.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow - Ljubljana

If there's no bus, best to take the train to Budapest. Prices start at 39 Euro.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow - Ljubljana

Thats mean, Budapest to Krakow and back with a train! Thanks, I will provide further

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow - Ljubljana

Do you know buses to Dunaj - Vienna!

5. Re: Krakow - Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:17