We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do in march 14

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stag do in march 14

Hi

Me and about 20 of my friends are going to visit krakow on my stag do. We are wanting to know the best place to stay is it city centre and would any hotels have a problem with 20 lads staying?

Also flights are cheap Tuesday to saturday or is it better going over the weekend with it been busier?

Any tips welcome we have never been before

Thanks

Lee

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do in march 14

Hi Lee

Stay near the centre of Krakow. You could try Wyspianski hotel, not the best, but they may accept a large group. Alternatively you could rent an apartment(s) such as this one which houses 18 people

www.oldcityapartments.eu/en/…

or rent 3 apartments that house less people (say7) in the same apartment block

Apartments work out far cheaper and you will have more of a laugh being together with friends rather than all being split in different hotel rooms

Re when to go, I'd recommend you go Thursday/Friday to Sunday. Reason being the City will be busier and also more of your friends would go as they would require less time off work.

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do in march 14

Thanks for your reply. I've been speaking with Liv'Inn Aparthotel they are happy to take us and they have good reviews have you heard of them?

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do in march 14

Hi Lee

I haven't heard of Livinn aprthotel and so have just looked on the map. Personally, I think that's too far out of the centre (30 min walk each way).

As I was attacked with pepperspray in an an attempted mugging previously in Krakow (whilst outside of the old town) and other violent attacks I have read have occured just outside of old town I'd recommend you stay closer to the centre. (Don't let this put you off going, I still love Krakow and I was there again 5 weeks ago and going back in 4 weeks time and I have been there so many times, I have honestly lost count, maybe 40 times perhaps, something like that)

If you stay closer to the centre, you also would not need to catch a taxi during your stay (other than back to the airport perhaps)

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do in march 14

ok thanks for that I will look at the apartments link you sent me

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag do in march 14

Old City Apartments are letting agents and they manage many apartments. I have used them regularly and never had a problem

Just had a look at that apartment and I gave you the link to only 2 bathrooms would be a problem. I think you'd be better off staying in 3 or 4 apartments situated in the same building

At the bottom of each apartment page itstates "Apartments located in the same building" with links to them such as this one (will cost £80 per night, that's just over £13 per person per night!!!!!!!)

www.oldcityapartments.eu/en/?ap=229&id=ap

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag do in march 14

thanks mate ill look now,

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag do in march 14

Spoke with my friends they'd rather do Tuesday to Saturday as it's £150 cheaper on flights. Is it still busy in the week?

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag do in march 14

Hi Lee

Tuesday - Dead

Wednesday - Student night

Thursday - Student night

Friday - Older crowd

£150 more??? Where are you flying from?

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag do in march 14

Manchester it's only £55 return it's making the flights n hotel £100 each

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag do in march 14

Id go for the midweek trip then

Shouldn't your best man be sorting this all out?