We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Zakopane

Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Krakow to Zakopane

Hi there. Planning on going back to Krakow at beginning of March, and would love a trip down to Zakopane. Can anyone please let me know best way - train, private hire. How long would this take, and would an overnight in Zakopane be worthwhile, but would mean travelling back to Krakow on Sunday? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

its quite easy to get there.....go to the bus station that is behind the main train staion.....busses depart every 20 minutes or so....you pay as you get on so try to have the approximate fare which used to be 16zl but probably is more now....it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes under normal circumstances.the bus will let you off 5 10 minute walk fron the center....you should do an overnight there as it comes alive at night with the music and culture of the mountaineers....i love this place!

Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Thank you very much for that. Each year we go over, we always say we'll go there, and this time it's a definite. Can you recommend anywhere to stay? Thanks again

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

I just wanted to support what Casey said - buses are the better way down - trains take an hour longer, roughly. Also, staying overnight means you can fully appreciate the cuisine and night-time atmosphere.

Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Thank you very much John. Do buses run as normal on Sundays?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Yes, of course, though they will get busy from mid-late afternoon Krakow-bound as Krakovians return from their weekend in the mountains!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Hello Lynn A

Yes it is worth spending a night there so you won't have to rush to much. I spent 4 nights there and enjoyed it very much and would go back. It's so pictursque, especially in the snow. When i went i did go by train but that's because I;m not a huge fan of coaches, but as said coaches are a fatser way of getting there and quite frequent. I just turned up and booked a ticket for the train and never had to book

wexford
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Lynn , Sabala hotel is really lovely. We have stayed there. Also stayed in villa vita, much cheaper but for the extra I would prefer Sabala. Depends on what you want to spend.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Hi I visit Zak often and book through Booking .com which offer a wide range of accomadation But for 1 night i would stay near the centre .Bus costs 20zl you pay the driver leaves from stands 6/7 in the main bus station runs every 20mins 7 days .Have fun Cheers Chris.

Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Thanks Chris. Really looking forward to it - must be the Scottish blood - need to see mountains. Lol

Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow to Zakopane

Thank you very much. Believe it or not - booked the Hotel Sabala before I read your reply. It looks gorgeous. Thanks again for replying