We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oskar schindler's enamel factory

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Oskar schindler's enamel factory

Hi, i have been to krakow once before, but have never visited this part of the history, how much is the bus? and is it on the bus plan?. also from the centre of town is it possible to walk there, also the salt mines how do we get there. or how much is a taxi to there

Thanks

Edited: 07 January 2014, 13:12
Dundee
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

Hi there. We went to Oskar Schindler's factory last year. We were staying in Spatz Hotel in Kazimeriz. We walked (and it was February). Lovely walk over bridge, away from Old Town Centre. Probably took about 45mins, but was worth it. Another time we caught the bus to Salt Mine, rather than go on organised tour, as once you get there, there are English translators available. People are very helpful, so don't be scared to ask. Have a lovely time

Mentioned in this post
Oskar Schindler's Factory
Oskar Schindler's Factory
13,803 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Wieliczka Salt Mine
Wieliczka Salt Mine
10,420 Reviews
Wieliczka, Poland
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

cheers

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

Blueboy - the mine is roughly 10km from the centre of Kraków. Bus 304 from Galeria Krakowska (ul. Kurniki) or a minibus from Dworzec Główny will get you to Wielizka in about 30 minutes.

To get to the Schindler Factory, take a tram to Plac Bohaterów Getta (Ghetto Heroes Square) from which it’s a 5-10 minute walk down ul Kacik, under the train bridge, onto ul, Lipowa. Electric buggies also make the journey.

Remember the museum at the Factory is not all about Schindler. There IS an exhibit, but the museum is Krakow's Museum of the Occupation, so it covers a much wider range of aspects.

Mentioned in this post
Galeria Krakowska
Galeria Krakowska
720 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
The Ghetto Heroes Square
The Ghetto Heroes Square
1,215 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

Hello 1969 blueboy

It's quite a walk if your staying in or aroung Rynek Glowny. I would maybe jump in a taxi or jump on a bus.

As for the Salt mines you can either go on a tour or just arrange transport to Wieliczka as said there are English tours there so you won't have any problem. Which ever way you do there are plenty of Tour companies to take you or your Hotel can arrange something for you. I have been 3 times and always done it myself but there's nothing wrong with taking an organised tour if that's what you wanted

The salt mines are well worth a visit though

Regards

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

thanks all much welcomed info

6. Re: Oskar schindler's enamel factory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:22