We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian money ?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian money ?

Is it wise to exchange my Cdn into Zloty before I go ? Or should i bring my Cdn money to the Kantor, as I am staying right near Galleria krakowska. Thank you very much .

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian money ?

Its probably best to change it in Krakow, use the link below to see the current rates.

http://www.kantor-exchange.pl/english

G&L

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian money ?

Bring C$ and change in the Kantors in Galeria Krakowska - just steer clear of the orange ones in other streets and check the rate.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian money ?

And make sure you are seeing the "Sell" rates and not the "Buy" rates. If the rates look very good compared to the others then it is probably the "Buy" rate and you will be very disappointed. We used to regularly get up to 10% more Zloty in Poland than UK. As John says avoid the Orange ones and I'd suggest also to check very carefully if using Western Union.

You can always ask - How many Zloty will I get for xx Canadian, please. The better ones will willingly tell you the exact amount of Zloty or show you on a calculator. If they only quote the exchange rate then beware.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian money ?

Hi yes its always best to ask before you trade.Avoid the orange and the blue colored kantors.The top floor inthe shopping centre gives a good rate.But always ask.Cheers Chris.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian money ?

If you can change it cheaply at home, bring US$ - you'll get a better rate.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian money ?

Always goodbto have a little to take just to be safe, but change the majority up there as you'll get a better rate. Avoid the orange Kamtors

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadian money ?

Sorry Kantors

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian money ?

Thank You so much. staying right across from there ! first time there, can't wait. My mom's homeland !

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian money ?

Thank you, very much. , all for your info..i will take some from home in zloty, but then get the rest at The Galleria....

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadian money ?

i should correct self..1st time in Krakow !! been to Warsaw, just love the Polish people. Most very friendly,down to earth.