We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

I'm travelling to Poland at the end of February and want to surprise my boyfriend with a horse drawn carriage or sleigh ride for his birthday. The only trips I can see are in Zakopane and I wondered if anyone knew of a tour operator who would take you there from Krakow for a day to do this type of excersion?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

THere will be sleigh rides in Ojcow, too. Only one hour out from Krakow and a ride through the beautiful forested gorge.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

Also in Niepolomice forest, much easier to get to than Zakopane in February.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

I guess that 'official' sleigh tour can be quite expensive. I'd try to contact some local touristic agency in places like Szczawnica or Nowy Targ - they can arrange event like this locally, with better knowledge who is trustworthy in that matters.

Or you can google for 'kulig' + village name - you will probably get lot of links to agrotouristics

BTW - splendid idea ;)

Lukasz

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

Zakopane is really worth seeing anyway so maybe you could go and spend one night if you have time? Picturesque and beautiful this time of year

5. Re: Looking for a Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19