We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

I am looking to take the overnight train with my wife from Krakow to Prague this summer. I checked raileurope.com and they said you can book a double compartment room with two beds (bunkbed). Has anyone taken this train with this specific room and class type and if so, how was the experience? Was there a lock? private bathroom? Was it clean or dirty? Any thoughts will help.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

Start here seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-…

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

I think it will be something like this www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLAB821.php

There is no private bathroom, only wash stand.

Malaga, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

I took that train last week twice: From Prague to Krakow and from Krakow to Vienna. It hasn´t a private toliet, just a private sink. The water doesn´t work but they leave you a few bottles of water to wash yourself.

It´s safe, it has a lock, and clean. The staff is very nice and the bed is not very uncomfortable. But the problem is the noise. We couldn´t sleep nothing because of the train noise, braking, bumps on the rails... The next day you´re very tired.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 22:36
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
68 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

I took the overnight train from Krakow to Prague with my girlfriend last summer. I agree with the poster above in terms of safety and cleanliness, and sadly also the noise. Bring earplugs at least.

It's quite nice to arrive in Prague in the morning though, when there are very few tourists around. Definitely recommend this way of traveling.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,406 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

DO NOT use Rail Europe for this journey, or for any others! It is a big ripoff. Use the trusted agency www.polrail.com

They use new sleeping cars on this route now www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLABmee.php - unfortunately you can't buy discounted on-line tickets going in this direction (from Prague to Krakoe it costs from €40)

6. Re: Krakow to Prague Overnight Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:19