We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is krakow stagdo friendly?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is krakow stagdo friendly?

Im a best man and have organised a stagdo for Krakow theres 12 of us and i now am quite worried we will receive a hostile welcome and not be allowed in bars etc is this the case? Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

There are plenty of stags come to Krakow and have a great time.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 14:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

It's like any City Sharpejoinery, in that you have no chance getting into a decent bar / nightclub with 11 friends. Krakow is no different

I was refused entry into Baroque bar with my brother in Krakow in January (we were both sober and aged 49 and 51)

The same bar (Baroque) let me in last Friday after questioning me on the door and looking me up and down to see how I was dressed.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

There are plenty of bars that welcome and rely on stag do's.

Don't worry,

Stag do's are usually treated as they deserve to be treated, if they just get on with enjoying themselves and don't go around annoying others, they are treated fine.

If they act like idiots and cause major annoyance or damage they often get punished by bars not allowing them in, the Straz throwing them in the drunk tank, or worse.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

Oh, the days of seeing "No English" signs outside bars in Krakow have long gone.

I used to enjoy those as I'd deliberately walk in (as I wasn't allowed) and order a drink in Polski and get served :)

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

If you behave well, there shouldn't be a problem. But do keep in mind that clubs may refuse entry anyway, not necessarily because you're a stag group but because they try to keep men-woman ratios fairly constant so if there are too many guys inside, they will make you wait or refuse entry until more girls come in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

Everywhere in the world is the same Pawel

Popular places will be difficult (if not impossible) for a large group of males to get in, as if there is a problem the doormen would be totally out numbered.

Whereas not so popular places would welcome the trade

Being drunk and trying to gain access to a night club anywhere will result in refusal

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

What is a stag do?

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

A bachelor party to our friends over the pond

Edited: 11 March 2014, 06:31
9. Re: Is krakow stagdo friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:18