We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zakopane

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zakopane

Currently in Krakow and thinking of visiting Zakopane, is it worth the journey and also will there be snow on the mountains?

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zakopane

Also how much should i be expecting to pay for a trip, i could go in the morning with cracow city tours for 199zl is this a good price?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zakopane

As of yesterday, only one ski run was open and although there has been a lttle snow down here in the south ogf Malopolskie I'd not do a 4 hour round trip to see it! It's also been freezing fog. When there's snow and clear skies if's beautiful, likewise with no snow and sunny days, but in the shoulders you need to watch the webcams and judge for yourself whether it's worth it.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Zakopane

Many thanks for your reply, i've got until Thursday so will keep an eye on the weather regarding Zakopane. Would you jave any other suggestions for day trips, i have already done Auschwitz and Birkenau and also the Kazimierz free walking tour?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zakopane

Hello Hezz

Yes i would say it is worth the visit, with or without the snow it's a very tranquil place

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zakopane

Hezzz - it depends a lot on what interests you. Krakow has an excellent museum system and is home to the main units of the National Museum and the Polish Air Museum. There are also boat trips on the Vistula and Kalzaria Zeb to xonsider, if it's nice weather. What about the Wielizcka salt mine?

Mateusz - would you REALLY recommend a trip to Zak in freezing fog???

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zakopane

199zl? Seems steep its 30zl return on the coach, factor that into your decision.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Zakopane

Thanks Johnb121, yes i forgot to mention i will be doing the salt mines at some point and i had also thought about doing a boat trip, as for the museums not really my thing, im more interested in the architecture of buildings than whats inside them. Is the balloon trip any good or would i be better going to the Kosciuszko Mound?

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Zakopane

Thanks newbiggin26 where would i book the coach from and do they run daily?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zakopane

Hezzz - I feel like that - the Natural History Museum in S Ken is marvellous, but in Krakow most of the city museums are themselves in historic, and often historically relevant buidings. Like the Pharmacy under Eagle which is a museum to Jewish resistance in the building on Ghetto Heroes Square where they met, You can visit, as they are museums too, the upper stories of the Cloth Hall and Old Town Hall Tower, for example, and the museum UNDER the rynek.

On a clear day, the balloon is very good - on a grey, overcast day --- excellent for moody photos!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zakopane

No not in the fog, but personally i don't think you have to have snow there for it to be worthwhile