We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

running in the city

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
running in the city

plan to do a few early morning runs,

1 leaving from the podgorze, crossing the wista, around the planty, wawel and back, how far is this approximately, would like to do this on the first morning to get my bearings

2 along the wista, which way is best up or down stream?

many thanks

bout ye

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: running in the city

I guess it depends when in Podgórze you are

Perhaps you should ook on google maps and use the directions feature for an accurate distance

2. I wouldn't recommend swimming in Wisla

Edited: 23 March 2014, 18:05
Rayleigh, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: running in the city

We were staying just off the Ul Karmelicka and went for an early morning run during our stay. We left our accommodation ran down to the Planty then joined the river path at Wawel Castle. We ran upstream (past the odd floating pig) for 3 miles before turning. It was very pleasant and quiet. I think you could run for some distance as we passed km markings counting down from 38km.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: running in the city

Maybe you could try upstream one time and down the next. You will find your own perfect route then :-)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: running in the city

very funny!

I,m running along the banks

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: running in the city

thanks for the replies, will have to get a bit of mileage up

6. Re: running in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Krakow