We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time and only 3 days in Krakow

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time and only 3 days in Krakow

We planning to visit Poland in the future. For now we are thinking to have just a short 3 days introductory trip to Krakow.

Our present trip to Germany includes 7 days in the Berlin.

We are thinking to stay only 4 days in Berlin and catch a flight to Krakow, sleep there 2 or 3 nights and visit the area

Is it too much?

Are we rushing through Berlin too much?

Should we leave the Krakow visit for another time or should we have a taste of Poland now?

Berlin versus Krakow..tough choice.

Your opinion much appreciated. Thanks

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

Wow - contrast! Modern Berlin and medieval Krakow. I'd say do it!

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,875 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

I'd say do it too. If you like Krakow (which I'm sure you will) you can always return again. We went for the first time for 3 nights and then returned the next year for 5 nights. Have fun :)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

Three nights should be plenty if you're planning on taking it easy and soaking up the sights of the city. If you're planning on adding excursions then you might want to add on an extra night. Have just come back from 3 nights in Krakow and although we managed to squeeze in trips to Auschwitz (takes a full day) and salt mines (can be done in half a day) it was very hectic and would have been nice to take things at a slower pace.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

Thanks everyone.

I am now looking at AirBerlin for travel arrangements. Best deals have me arriving at the Krakow airport at 11:00pm. I guess at that time it will be impossible to check-in any nice apartment:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

Hi Peter

Try the following letting agency which I have used many times to book apartments and they allow late arrivals

http://www.oldcityapartments.eu/en/

Regards

Mark

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

John,

I've been looking at a large number of these Krakow comments, and I'm surprised that the Museum of the Home Army (Emil Fieldorf Museum) has not been mentioned. I'm planning a trip with my son in July, and I'm hoping to be able to fit the museum in between a trip to the Wieilczka Salt Mine and the Wawel Castle.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

John,

I've been looking at a large number of these Krakow comments, and I'm surprised that the Museum of the Home Army (Emil Fieldorf Museum) has not been mentioned. I'm planning a trip with my son in July, and I'm hoping to be able to fit the museum in between a trip to the Wieilczka Salt Mine and the Wawel Castle.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

7 days in berlin?....why?

9. Re: First time and only 3 days in Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:15