We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk bars?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Milk bars?

I have been to Krakow a number of times and will visit again in October.

I've noticed references to "Milk bars" in a few posts and I don't think I've ever come across one - unless I have and just didn't realise!

How do I recognise a Milk bar, what do they serve, and is there one that is recommended?

Thanks

Trisha

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk bars?

Info about milk bars here

inyourpocket.com/poland/…Milk-Bars

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
302 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk bars?

It can be confusing because sometimes it will just say BAR outside or Bar mleczny.

Its not always the most glamorous experience you get people eating really noisily in there slurping and dribbling down themselves.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk bars?

You'll recognise a milk bar because it will look like a place you have no interest in eating in - bright, fluorescent light, shiny walls, full of older people, indifferent staff, cash only and the menu usually only in Polish. There's one is on ul. Grodzka, on the corner with ul. Senacka. They serve traditional Polish food of mediocre quality.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk bars?

It doesn't sound like I've missed much!

Thanks all.

Trisha

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milk bars?

its one of the best things about poland....cheap,nutricious, delicious food in a no nonsense way....

6. Re: Milk bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:16