We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

new zealand
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

Hi, on august 9 a Saturday I need to travel from krakow to prerov in the morning about 10am by train as I think that would be quicker and a nicer way to travel. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how much it will be and the time it will arrive in prerov. I can see a train that arrives 3am in the morning,but don't want to travel on this one.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
794 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

On PKP Intercity website I found times of trains but the price of tickets not showing up even for dates in June.

TLK train from Krakow 10.16am - arrive 12.13pm Katowice change to 1.27pm EIC train arrives Prevov 3.50pm

The other departures for the morning were 6.25am and 11.46am

intercity.pl/en/site/trains/eic/find-your-co…

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

There is only one direct train from Krakow to the Czech Republic per day, that is the overnight train which I guess you already found.

Any other options will involve changing at Katowice, The line between Krakow and Katowice is one of the slowest in Poland, it takes 2 hours to travel the 80km

are you planning to return to Krakow? if so you might consider hiring a car, it takes about 2 and a half hours to get to prerov by car.

new zealand
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

Thank you both for your help, I will have to take the train to Katowice and then on to prerov, as I won't be returning to krakow,

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

Book a transfer by car, should cost about 600 zloty

5. Re: Travelling from krakow to prerov in the Czech Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16