We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

I'll be staying in Krakow for a few days and will need to get to Jelenia Góra on a Friday morning. What's the best and quickest way to do this trip? Also, I'll need to get back from Jelenia Góra to the Katowice airport the next day (Saturday) to catch my 4pm flight, are trains running on Saturdays?

Thanks for the help!

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
232 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

The shortest train connection that I found takes almost 8 hours (change in Wroclaw). You may also go by bus to Wroclaw and then take a bus or train but that won't be much shorter. Consider renting a car.

Zabrze, Poland
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
775 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

Look here: http://en.e-podroznik.pl/ . There is a connection starting 05:35 in Jelenia Góra (bus) to Wrocław, then train to Katowice and finally airport bus to Pyrzowice (Katowice) Airport at 12:20. Doable.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

We started thinking about renting a car, but then I read that it might be a bit stressful (bad roads and rude drivers) :-/

Thanks poloniar, checking that option now.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 09:19
Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

there is a good road from Krakow to Wroclaw and that can be done in 3 to 4 hours. that us what I would recommend

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
232 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

Buy a new guide :) It's a nice highway most of the way. I was driving a lot in Israel in 2009 and in my opinion Polish roads are better.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

HAHA, no written guides were used, just conversations online. And for that matter, I also HATE driving is Israel, but I live in Tel Aviv and can get around most of the time via bicycles ;)

Thanks for your help, we'll probably rent a car!

7. Re: Best way to get from Krakow to Jelenia Góra, Poland ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17