We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

I will be taking a 21:00 flight on LOT to Warsaw on a Thurs in Sept. How far in advance do I need to be at the airport in Krakow? What time would you recommend I plan to leave my hotel in central Krakow via bus or taxi? (I haven't decided whether to take the bus or a taxi. I might wait to see how my arrival in Krakow goes.) I'm guessing maybe leave Krakow around 18:00?

Is there somewhere to eat dinner at the airport, or should I plan on an early dinner that day in Krakow?

Thanks!

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Leave Kraków at 19... 1 hour before departure is enough.

Plan your dinner in Kraków. There is nothing worth your time & money at the airport, especially compared to what you may find downtown.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Beware that domestic flightd from Krakow currently operate from a special terminal which is ugly and tiny and situated about 10 walking minutes from the main terminal. There is absolutely nothing to do in that domestic terminal, just a small shop and some coffee machines.

Unlike Warsaw, also the main terminal in Krakow leaves a lot to be desired (extremly small for the number of passengers, very crowded and dark) but things will change in the future as they are buidling a new terminal.

1 hour before departure is perfectly fine.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Thanks. That's very helpful.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

For the 2100 flight I usually get the 208 bus that arrives at the domestic terminal around 20:05. That is plenty of time. That bus leaves the bus station around 19:20

I have known someone get a taxi at 20:00 from the old town and be in the airport 20:15/20:20 and make check in. For me that would have been a bit on the tight side.

Note that the more frequent 292 bus does NOT stop at the domestic terminal, you would have walk from the international terminal.

In the domestic terminal there is only a small coffee bar.

There are only 2 gates, the domestic terminal is just an old aircraft hanger that they put a couple of walls in.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Thanks for the info on the bus. I had read about the 292 and 208 but didn't realize only one of them stopped at the domestic terminal.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Do you know what the stop at the domestic terminal is called for the journey planner at www.jakdojade.pl ? I can only get it to come up with Krakow Airport T1, and I think that's the international terminal.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Oops, too late to edit. I think I might have figured it out. Is it Balice I?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

yes Balice I

its a request stop, so you need to press the button or the driver will drive past.

its still a few minutes walk from to the terminal., do not expect the bus to go to the door of the terminal!.

The stop is shortly after you drive past the end f the runway,

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Checking in 40 minutes before the flight is plenty. It takes 2 minutes to walk from check in to the gate.

At that time of day I usually get a taxi from the centre of town 75 minutes before my flight and haven't had any problems.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended check in time for flight to Warsaw

Do you take a taxi because the bus doesn't stop right at the terminal or because you just prefer a taxi? How far would you say it is from the stop to the terminal? I think I read the stop for the international terminal is about 100 meters.

Is it obvious where to go when you get off the bus for the domestic terminal?