We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for tourist hotel?

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for tourist hotel?

What's the best location to book a hotel for tourism in Krakow? We have a car and will need parking

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for tourist hotel?

Leave the car on the outskirts of town and stay in the Old Town. You won't be able to use it in Krakow as the centre, where most of the attractions are, is heavily restricted and pedestrianised, and on-street parking is for residents only. Public transport, should you need it, is cheap and convenient. The nearest guarded car parks to the Old Town are on Plac Biskupi, and there's an unguarded one on Pac Na Groblach.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for tourist hotel?

can you tell me what the extent of the pedestrianized old town is in Krakow?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for tourist hotel?

The Rynek, ul. Grodzka, part of ul. Sienna are pedestrianised (restricted traffic for deliveries allowed in the mornings up to 10am), but everything within the Planty has heavily restricted traffic - mostly taxis drive there.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for tourist hotel?

I recently stayed in The Rezydent and had a nice stay

But there are so many nice Hotels in Krakow. I would say choose one that stands out to you for the things you're looking for

Other than that, I've stayed in Hostels and apartments

Hope this helps

5. Re: Best place for tourist hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18