We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a bus pass at the airport

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a bus pass at the airport

I will be arriving at the airport in Krakow on Sun 7 Sept. I am planning to buy the 7 day zones 1-2 transport pass. Do I have to buy this at the machine at the bus stop or is there somewhere inside the airport to do this? On another thread someone mentioned they thought you could buy the pass at a newsagent inside the airport, but previously I'd only read to buy from the machine at the bus stop.

Thanks!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

According to the airport website ....

Tickets can be purchased from:

the ticket machine at the bus stop (payment in cash or with credit/debit card),

the authorized ticket machines found on buses (payment in cash – coins only),

the bus driver, in case of lack or failure of ticket machine (single tickets only, payment in cash). (the driver will not sell you a seven day pass)

Note: The ticket must be validated when getting on the bus.

there is a Relay shop upstairs in the airport that sold tickets. I am not sure if they still do since the installation of the machine.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

Thanks. I only saw what you mentioned. Was just hoping for a secret shortcut I guess.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

My "secret shortcut" would be to consider just buying a ticket into the city and then, if you really need a 7 day pass, but a zone one only pass. I suspect you will not spend too much time in zone two.

You should consider that if you are staying in or around the old town you will find the vast majority of what you need is walkable. The old town is pretty much pedestrianised and trams and buses go around the outside of the old town.

Littleborough
Level Contributor
248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

I agree with ScottishPoet..on my second trip to Krakow in March this year I decided I wanted to buy a 7 day zone 1 pass..I copied the picture of the different tickets to my phone and tried in vain to purchase a 7 day at a kiosk..however I bought 10 single tickets which lasted myself and my wife 7 days with 2 left as we walked most places taking in the sights shopping having a coffee/beer etc..we even managed 2 trams on one ticket each within the 20 minute expiry time and checked by a ticket inspector.(didnt raise a sweat as I use public transport frequently at home)..best bet buy 10 x 20mins zone 1 tickets from a kiosk see how you get on and just validate as you use..ps we are going back in 4 weeks for another week and will do the same again :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

Thanks. I don't know if it will be cost effective, but it's not that expensive. Initially I planned to use it to and from the airport as well as possibly to the salt mine. I also think there are a couple of places I may end up taking the tram to, so it just seemed like it might be worth it for convenience just to get the pass and not have to worry about it again.

6. Re: Buying a bus pass at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:15