We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

I am going to krakow with some friends in October and we are staying athe Holiday Inn. Unfortunatley a late addition to the group couldn't get in the same hotel and will be staying at the Hotel Ester in the Jewish Quarter. I have tried to work out the distance between the with no success. Does anyone have any idea? Apparently the Holiday Inn is by the tram station.

UK
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

You will be roughly 20min walk apart. Holiday Inn at Wielopole Street is indeed very near the tram stops which can take you towards Kazimierz (Jewish Quarter) , 2 tram stops and you are on the egde of Kazimierz (can't remembe which tram goes there though). And you're 5 min by foot from the Old City and Rynek (The Square) if you're staying at Holiday Inn.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

Excellent! Many thanks for that advice.

Tanya

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

We stayed in the Jewish Quarter and tram no 3 and 13 will take you to Miodowa Street. A five minute walk along this street, turn left into Szeroka Street, you are now in the square, and in the far left hand corner, if you are looking straight ahead at the Jewish Museum is the Hotel Ester. Next door to the hotel are the restaurants, Ariel and Alef. Both excellent. You must visit the small cafe / bar Once Upon a Time in this square. It is four old shops knocked into one. I loved this place.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

Thanks for that RedDons! I am really looking forward to seeing the Jewish Quarter. I won't go into it but my reasons for visiting Krakow are centred on that and seeing Auschwitz. I will give those places a try!

5. Re: How far from Jewish quarter to Main town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:17