We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top restaurants

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Top restaurants

A lot of people seem to recommend zsara & Florinski as great restaurants not to miss but do tables need to be booked in these or can you just turn up and expect to get a seat..??

Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top restaurants

I turned up at Florinska restaurant at a saturday and the establishment was almost empty. We turned immedietly and found a another restaurant called Farina ( a side street from Florianska) where we got their last table. Excellent service and very good food (typical polish dishes and mediterian food).

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top restaurants

We didn't book at szara when we went - but it was a rainy March weekday I think rather than a weekend - but we did book for Farina (I would also recommend it, great food - especially the fish and seafood - plus excellent service) on a weekend.

I think if you definately want to go somewhere it is always worth booking just to avoid any disappointment

Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top restaurants

Yoyo, we booked the Zsara and Wentzl by email before we left as my friend recommended us to. We also ate at Wierzynek and Florinski but booked those when we had a look at them. People were being turned away at Zsara as it was very busy, we thought it was an excellent restaurant so glad we booked. Also I dont think people will be dining outside as they were when we were there. Have a good trip we certainly did.

Level Contributor
890 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top restaurants

We booked Paese restaurant in Polianska (sp?) street last weekend but we needn't have as it was fairly quiet. Excellent restaurant owned by a Corsican. There is a mushroom festival menu which is very nice.

Also the 2 Jewish restaurants in Wide Street in Jewish Quarter (Ariel and Alef) are worth a visit - but I should book those as they are very busy.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top restaurants

I have a nice restaurant for you that has plenty of room for a large group...you might want to call ahead however because sometimes they close for groups esp. on a sat. nite..the food is wonderful ....it is inexpensive....the service is terrific...it is not on any list I have seen ... we found it completely by accident...it is in the basement of an ugly looking hotel..but once you get downstairs it is very nice looking with stone walls and wood beams etc...and they are very honest .....it is such a find that I have to share it with my TA fellow travelers..The name of it is The Mieszczanska Restaurant..it is on ul. Zwierzyniecka 29....tel. +48 12/431 15 34. They have a website so you can check out their menu...www.mieszczanska.krakow.pl It is located on the other side of the planty so from the center of town it is maybe a 15 min. walk...there is a big sign outside which is helpful..The Radisson SAS is about a block away so if you get to the Radisson you are within a 2 min. walk..They are open every day from 11am..There is a map on the website..they are located where it says "start"...

6. Re: Top restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 09:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor