We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in Zakopane

Naxxar, Malta
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing in Zakopane

HI, Me and my wife are visiting Zakopane in February. We would like to spend a couple of days skiing. Where is the best place to book the required equipment and also have an instructor for the first day (we never skied). Also, are there any nearby interesting towns which we could include in our holiday (we will have a rented car). thanks, Mark

Puławy
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Ooh, maybe first off check the predicted weather. We barely had any snow this winter, so not sure if you will be able to ski.

As about nearby towns, check out Krakow, though maybe it's better to catch a train there — lots of cars on the roads. It's an ex-capital city of Poland and it's really nice.

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Hopefully by then zakopane would have had snow ..most of the ski slopes have ski rental on site and instructors there are many ski rentals dotted about ..Krakow is a great city to spend a day plenty to see take the car no problem but park in a car park like our ncp ..from Krakow its only about 20 min bus ride to the salt mine well worth a visit.. if you more adventurous you could visit Auschwitz ..take sat nav with you ..we are going on 17/01/14 and i got my fingers crossed that they have some snow by then but its not looking good ..but you be fine ...

Mellieha, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Hi, Next February 2015 we will visit Zakopane for skiing and I noticed a comment, that last February 2014 the weather indicated that snow could be a problem. Can someone tell me please if its OK to Go to Zakopane in Feb ? and I also tried to contact a private ski instructor but to reply yet :) thanks

Vince Malta

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
212 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Best hotel for skiing is Mercure Kasprowy Zakopane. It also offers skiing lessons and ski rental. A ski lift is located 100 yards from the hotel.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Hi,

Regarding the instructors... it happens quite often that they don't respond. I suggest you

- are patient - repeat emails (of course only in case you want to catch your 'favourite' instructor)

- call them

- try other instructors.

I have similar experiences both in Poland and Slovakia.

Regarding the snow... well... there is a risk there is no snow in February. Or only a few slopes will be open - as it happened this year. The Mercure hotel mentioned above is indeed a good one, but... there was no snow there this Feb - only slopes high up in the mountains (e.g. Kasprowy) were open.

Mellieha, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Thanks for being all so kind and manage time to help us.

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

Think you might need more than 1 day instruction , the slopes near Kasprowy can be tricky

B

8. Re: Skiing in Zakopane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Zakopane
Recent Conversations