We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Do

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stag Do

I'm thinking of having my stag do in Wroclaw.

Could anybody tell me what the nightlife is like, etc

Are the locals friendly towards a big group of English Lads?

Whats the average cost of a beer over there?

Is it true that the Police are heavy handed?

Look forward to your comments.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Do

Hi

The night life in Wroclaw is centred around Rynek and when we were there in September it was very busy and full of young people.

A bottle of beer in a edge of town bar is about 50p, about twice that in the centre.

We found the Polish people to be very friendly, more so than in most Eastern European countries.

I don't know about the police, I'm a law abiding almost tea-total lady so I didn't have any problems, but I didn't see any trouble either.

Download a copy of the In Your Pocket guide for Wroclaw and that will give you lots of tips and ideas. Book a hotel in the centre as the outskirts of town are not great. I have a map of Wroclaw with lots of hotels on it, so if you post your choices I will have a look to see if I can help you with location.

I have posted a report with photos on Wroclaw under the Radisson hotel and also some photos on their own, they might give you an idea of what it's like.

Have a good trip

Jackie

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Do

Thanks for your help Jackie

Sounds a quality place and looked on a few websites and it seems like they have alot of bars and clubs.

Think where going to book just the flights at the moment as they are just £50.01 return including taxes and where not going until next May so we can book a hotel next year.

Thank You

Leeds
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Do

I had my stag do in July in Wroclaw and it was fantastic.

Leeds
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag Do

Sorry about my last post I sent it before finishing.

Anyway ten of us went on my stag do to Wroclaw in July and had a superb time for a stag do. As already mentioned the beer is very very cheap. at one point the ten of us were sat at the main square and the total bill for 69 drinks inclding shots, beer and cocktails came to about £46 :)

It is a really compact city centre with loads of great bars and everyone was really friendly. We did nothing worthy of police involvement because we didn;t think it was worth the risk. We did, however, see a big fight in Celtic between some locals so made a quick exit in case the police took a dislike to the tourists.

English is not as widely spoken as a lot of the standard stag destinations(Prague, Amsterdam etc) but we always managed to make oursleves understood although we occasionally got the wrong drink or meal but that was totally understandable.

Have a great time if you do go because we sure did

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag Do

Cheers for your reply

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag Do

We Americans would like to know what a stag do is? Is that like what we call a bachelor party? Thanks!~

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag Do

Hi

Yes a stag party is a batchelor party, a last night, or maybe three, of freedom before they get married, a hen party is the female equivalent.

Jackie

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag Do

l was in wroclaw last weekend the first one in november the police are a bit heavy handed.if you are caught drunk on the street or causing any trouble they have a place where they put you for the night and a cold shower with a small fine the next day

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag Do

l was in wroclaw last weekend the first one in november the police are a bit heavy handed.if you are caught drunk on the street or causing any trouble they have a place where they put you for the night and a cold shower with a small fine the next day

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag Do