We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Our beautiful train station building is a fine example of neo-Gothic architecture which was in a very bad shape for years. But today it was re-opened, ready to welcome tourists coming by trains from all around Poland and Europe. It's fresh and not everything is working perfectly but we need to give it some time. If you are interested in architecture and history, and not coming to Wroclaw by train, please come and visit this great building anyway - it's close to the main square, just about 15-20 mins walking. I'm writing this info just to let you know about this place, it hasn't been on touristy maps for years but now it fully deserves it.

Here are some pics:

gazetawroclawska.pl/artykul/…t.html (comments in Polish but you can see the photo gallery, just click the arrow)

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Great pics, rocking_pony :) Thanks!

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Oh yes, really beautiful. Probably the first really world- class station in Poland.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

on my almost yearly visit to poland i always have to choose which cities to visit because i dont have time to visit them all.....this year i will be going to wroclaw (and skipping gdansk which i really really like) because its always improving so much......things like the train station,the muti media water fountain,the splendid rennovation of so many buildings, makes it almost impossible not to return.....Bravo wroclaw!....you've done it again....always at the vanguard of progress!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

I remember the old station and thought is was beautiful then;-) This looks outstanding..fabulous pics! Thank you rocking_pony..Enjoyin'!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Thank you, it's always a joy to hear some good words about my city. Wroclaw is constantly improving, that's true. The whole Euro games quickened certain renovations and expansions, like the station and the airport, but those things would have also been done without it anyway.

Hey, casey, I'm happy you are going to Wroclaw this year, I hope you will have some lovely time :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

I think Wroclaw is a magnificent City;-) I only wish I had more time on my recent quick getaway.. I would have definitely chosen/gone to Wroclaw for a bit had I the time.. Regardless, only direct flights we get from here in the NYC area are basically to the Capitals so with a short time decided to just stay put in Warsaw! Have a wonderful time in Wroclaw Casey..good call;-) Keep enjoyin' all!

Aurora, Il
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Wroclaw is the city i was born an grow up in Now i live in USA but every time i go to Wroclaw i love it more and more and now Train station is just gorges I love it love it

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Great pics, i always look for the railway stations on my hols...

Any reccomendations on some short rail trips (looking for an hours journey)

Cheers.

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Why don't you go to the Jaworzyna Śląska (very small village, only 58 minutes away by train). There is only one thing to do there, visit Museum of Industry and Railway in Silesia http://www.muzeumtechniki.pl/en/index.php.

Another posibility: Kłodzko (~90 minutes away).

There are many other possibilities, it would be helpful if you tell us what you would like to do.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wroclaw main train station - freshly renovated

Definitely Klodzko with it's great fort towering over the old town :) Train travel takes 1.30 hrs and it's worth it :)

Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw