We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport

GREECE
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
public transport

Hi, could you please tell me how can i go from the main train station to sofitel? Is it easy with public transport or i have to take a taxi? Which is the cost?

Also, which is the easiest way to come in Wroclaw from Krakow with train or bus?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Wroclaw
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia Province, Poland
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport

Hi.

Krakow - Wrocław = definitely by bus as it takes less time and is cheaper.

Use www.polskibus.com

From main train station (bus station is just opposite train station buildings) to Sofitel - it's quite easy, you can for example take one of the trams that stop in front of train station and get off at "Plac Dominikański" stop. You can take trams number 8, 9 and 11. From "Plac Dominikański" you will have to walk to the main square (Rynek), Sofitel is located on one of the small streets next to the square. Tram will cost you 3 PLN, taxi about 10 PLN.

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport

Cost of taxi from the airport would be about 45-60PLN (depend from time and traffic).

It is advised to call for taxi, you will get better prcie then and if you loose something in the taxi it is easier to find it.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport

I will shortly be staying at Slezna St, Wroclaw, what is the best way to travel to the city centre? How far is it?

Mentioned in this post
Wroclaw
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia Province, Poland
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport

Depends where - this street is very long. It begins right behind the central station, from where you could easily walk, and extends almost to the southern end of the city. It has tram lines all along (9 and 16 if my map is correct) which take you into the city from everywhere on this street easily. I find the trams convenient and reliable. Each line runs every 15-20 minutes depending on weekday and time of day.

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport

Hi. If you are staying in Campanile or Premier Classe then trams 9 and 15 have stop just next to the hotels. And a few steps further there is tram numer 8. They all go to the centre and it takes about 15 mins.

Tram number 16 is no longer operating.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 10:10
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport

OK thanks for the update!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport

Pony - do you know where I can get a map or plan of the tram and bus lines - I mean some kind of flyer or printout with the network. I see it on display on very few tram stops and in some trams but by far not all. It might be handy to have one to carry with me.

Did I understand the news correctly (my Polish is still very limited despite two weeks of intensive studies) that the trams 2 and 10 do not take the detour via the Olympic stadium any more but the direct line from Plac Grunwaldzki to the zoo and Hala Stuleca has been reopened today?

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Stadium
Olympic Stadium
18 Reviews
Wroclaw, Poland
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: public transport

I am staying with people at Slezna St 160 if that helps? Are the tram stops obvious to see?

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: public transport

BlandineForberg, this kind of map/plan does not exist. They would have to print an update every three or four months as public transport in Wroclaw changes all the time - due to road/track renovations. Maybe one day, when all roads will be in good condition such a plan will be published. Right now you can use this website: http://wroclaw.jakdojade.pl/?locale=en - it really works ok and can be very helpful.

focalised, tram stop is about 250 m from Ślężna 160 building (this stop is called "Weigla", it's next to a big hospital). If you want to get to the main square area then just take tram number 9 and get off at "Plac Dominikański" stop or tram number 15 and get off at "Świdnicka" stop.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: public transport

Thank you for your help rocking_pony, much appreciated :)

Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw
Recent Conversations