We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

i;m going to travel with a group of students (21) from Berlin to Poznan (two nights stop) and then to Krakow ( 3 nights stop) and back to Berlin. Which is the easiest way and cheapest way to travel by train or by bus?

Can someone give me some information about the cost and the duration of the journey please?

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Hi,

Among others check connection Berlin - Poznań

Poznań - Warszawa - Kraków by PolskiBus

or

Poznań - Lódź and then by train to Kraków.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

P B
K-K
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

I really don't like the people, who treat this site as free advertisment board, I even don't know if it is no prohibited by rules of it, but mrs Malgorzata keeps adversiting her company on almost every single post.

IMHO the better way is to get a train directly from poznań to kraków - there are about 7 per day, it cost 65PLN for normal ticket (I suppose that students have 50% discount).

You can check it here: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en? just fill the fields and at the bottom in "all conections" field change to dirrect connections.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
179 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

The issues between the two above posters aside, I believe that not stopping by in Warsaw on your way is a crying shame. Please make sure you do while you're in this part of Europe - if you have two nights to devote to Poznań, why not at least one to Warsaw, or even just a day's flyover?

Or perhaps you've done Warsaw already - but then, why not come back for a day :D

A train from Poznań to Warsaw will take between 2.5 to 3.5 hours (with faster trains costing more), and a train from Warsaw to Kraków about 3 hours (with all classes of trains taking the same time). I am sure Jeffrey Dobek will be here in no time to provide you with very detailed, exact and useful information on ticket pricing and your options as a group.

Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

A couple of notes:

#1--Unless these are Polish students, there would be no student discount as poster #2 suggested.

#2--With 21 passengers, you would certainly qualify for a group discount for rail travel; I don't know how the bus companies would treat this.

You will likely travel via Warsaw to reach Krakow, so a stop there is also a possibility for you.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Hi,

Hi,

P B K-K. If you read my post carefully you will se that I suggested PolskiBus as "among others".

I see also that you are first day on Trip Advisor and you haven't mentioned anything about you in your profile

and your remark is inappropriate and I suppose concerns rather you.

I'm not interesting who do you like.

I gave quite reasonable possibility for consideration by IOANNA.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Edited: 18 March 2013, 20:37
Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

thank you ! I have already check Polski bus, but I ;d prefer a train trip. I;ll check out of the route you recommend.

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Thank you very much!! I think this is the information I;ve looking for.

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

The above message is an answer to P.B K.K

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Thank you Jeffrey, you;ve been very helpfull, but I;d like to avoid a stop to Warsaw because of the students. So I;d prefer a direct trip to Krakow even though the trains are not very fast. I only hope there is not much delay.

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: round trip Berlin -Poznan - Krakow- Berlin

Thank you JTCz. I agree that a stop to Warsaw would be a great chance to a have a look on the city, but there is no time for us and travelling with students it;s not easy. So I;ll promise myself to come back to Warsaw alone to spend some time there.

Get answers to your questions about Poznan
Recent Conversations