We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels, help?

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
hotels, help?

Hi myself and a friend are travelling to Warsaw in May. We are on a budget so are looking for reasonabley priced Hotels. We were offered the Metropole or MDM by our travel agent.. Are these Hotels OK? which would be better and any more info on cheap Hotels very welcome.. Thank you

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels, help?

mdm is right on a metro stop...so you can get around easily and cheaply...a few good restaurants right behind it....its at the end of plac konstatucja square which is the ultimate in commie acrchitecture in poland...i like that....but others may not.....i've had my eye on that hotel for awhile but have usually stayed in more upmarket hotels in warsaw because i time my arrival for the weekends....this is how it works in warsaw.....the bidness men leave on the weekends so the better hotels offer discounts as they have an overabundance of rooms......if you time your trip for the weekend you may be able to stay at for example the polonia which is 2 years old and is an increadible bargain and worth every cent...its one station on the metro closer into town than the mdm......and all forms of transportation converge nearby...another alternative is the hetman....on the other side of the river....but a mere few stops on the tram from the old town....maybe 4 years old...a good breakfast and an upcomming part of town.....in warsaw ....public transportation whether by bus or tram or metro is everywhere and frequent and cheap....no need to use taxis.....so location can be a bit further out from the old town area where you will spend alot of time and yet not be inconvenient....enjoy warsaw....theres no place like it!

Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels, help?

Thanks Casey, good advice on W/E deals, now looking at Westin?

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels, help?

check out the polonia palace first

4. Re: hotels, help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 12:22