We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
"Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Hello!

I will fly with Emirates from Terminal A (at least this is what my electronic ticket is saying) to Seychelles via Dubai and then back. When I return to Warsaw I have to change terminals from A to 2 (sounds a little bit strange) and check-in with Lufthansa. How much time do I need to go from Terminal A to T2?

Thank you!

Miki

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Don't worry. This airport has only one terminal available for travelers (A) and it's divided into two parts - old (1) and new (2) - this is why it's sometimes called that it has two terminals. It's easy to get from the old part to the new part (they are both connected) but you won't have to, 'A' and '2' both mean the same terminal (and the old part is now closed for renovation).

Edited: 28 February 2013, 22:58
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

As Rocking_pony says, terminal A and T2 is the same terminal. The name evolved as the airport was extended and airlines still use both to add maximum confusion. It should be just Terminal A now.

Edited: 01 March 2013, 05:11
Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

The old terminal which was built in the 90ies does not longer exist. It's being rebuilt and there is nothing left from the old building.

That means there is only one terminal which all airlines use (meaning only one check- in area and one baggage claim area). After having collected your luggage, take the stairways up to check- in hall.

Don't worry, Warsaw's airport is not very big, just only slightly bigger than Otopeni. The layout is clear and you will easily find your way.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Thank you all for your replies.

Frequent Traveller have you been to Otopeni lately? The airport was extended and modernized during last year, I am really proud of the work that has been done there. The things that lack are Emirates and Etihad. This is one of the reasons I fly through Warsaw.

Miki

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Actually, it's more than one year I have been to Otopeni. But I am aware about the airport extention and have seen pictures and construction plans (I am interested in everything avaition- related). That's why I do can compare the size of both airports. Before Otopeni's extention, Warsaw's airport was significantly bigger (If I remember well there were only 12 international gates) and now it's slightly bigger. Warsaw's airport has quite a different layout but you will easily find your way- distances are short.

By the way, also Warsaw's airport was extended but the new terminal has opened already a few years ago and the old one does not longer exist.

While Etihad does not operate to Warsaw, there is another airline which flies to Seychelles and operates to both Warsaw and Bucharest: Qatar Airways!!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

Of course I know that Qatar is operating to Seychelles besides Emirates, Etihad, Condor or Air France.

But Qatar did not have the offers Emirates had. I could have gone back to Maldives for 340 euro from Warsaw but I preferred my favourite destination: Seychelles for 435 euro. Qatar had prices with 200 euro higher than Emirates offer so this is why I have chosen Emirates. I am always choosing the airline with the best offers when flying on intercontinental flights.

Miki

7. Re: "Terminals in Chopin Airport"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 06:16