We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to surprise my friends

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
40 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
How to surprise my friends

Hello TripAdvisors,

I am faced with a challenge this Saturday. My friends from Asia (2 adults + 8 yrs child) come to Warsaw and I want to organize some sightseeing so they have good memory of the place. Seems easy but... they have already been here not so long ago for 3 days and most possibly seen all the main spots like Trakt Króleski, Stare / Nowe Miasto, Lazienki, Pilsudski Square and area nearby or City Center.

What I was thinking of includes: Wilanow Palace and Gardens (they will stay quite close to it), Copernicus Science Center (for kid) and UW library close to it.

For the lunch I am thinking of some cafe / lunch bar at Powisle. After 5 PM they have already time organized.

Do you have any other ideas? Maybe there some events in the city center worth to attend this weekend? Are there any new interesting eating places you have visited recently and can recommend?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to surprise my friends

Hi. Have you tried this one: http://niewidzialna.pl/ ? I haven't been there yet but heard it's good, very educative.

You also didn't mention the Uprising Museum. If your friends haven't already been there then they definitely should go this time!

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to surprise my friends

You could go to the zoo, I am sure the kids would love it. Or to one of the big parks as Skaryszewski or Szczęśliwicki. Or even to Las Kabacki from where you could walk to Park Kutury and the botanical garden in Powsin. Frascati might also be worth considering.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to surprise my friends

wilanow palac,royal castle

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
40 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to surprise my friends

Zoo would be good idea but they come from Singapore and day and night zoo they have there is much better than zoo in Warsaw. But Park Kultury w Powsinie is worth consideration. I got also other idea to visit National Stadium. Thanks for your replies.

5. Re: How to surprise my friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:18