We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

singapore
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

I have searched the internet for the electrical plugs and sockets used in Poland and it appears from the picture as a two round pin plugs.

However when I was in Russia last year the two pin plugs needed and adaptor as the electrical socket has a deep inset and not the usual ones we see in Europe or US.

Can someone please clarify about the electrical plugs and sockets as I need to use them for my mobile and ipad and electrical appliances?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

In Poland we use Type C and E electrical plugs

http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeC.htm

http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeE.htm

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

I forgot to add - I do not see any type C sockets in Poland these days, only type E, but type C plugs fit in the type E socket. I have never had any problem with them in continental Europe countries that use type F sockets.

singapore
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

Thanks so much.

I hope that i will not face any problem in Poland with the C plug which I bought for my visit to Russia. However when I was in Japan in Spring there was a problem with charging my electrical toothbrush because of the voltage problem. I thought that my electric toothbrush had a technical problem and was about to throw it away. When I returned to Singapore I had no problem with charging.

Another friend could not charge her camera batteries in Japan but had no problems when she returned to Singapore.

I am not technical person so don't understand the reason why it could not charge in Japan. Hope that I don't face this kind of problem during my travels in Poland o/w it will be very inconvenient..

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

I have a regular travel plug set and used my "Polish" computer and Sony Alpha camera charger in Singapore without any problems. So I think you won't have any problems in Poland also.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 15:28
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

I'm not an electrician but I can see that there is a big difference in voltage and frequency between Singapore and Japan and probably not all adapters tackle that problem properly for appliances to work.

Singapore and Poland are exactly the same (230V &50Hz), only plugs and sockets are different.

singapore
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

Thank you Ozzlem and rocking_pony for your prompt replies. The website given is very useful for future travels as well.

I hope that the plugs and sockets will also work in Prague which will be my last stopover before returning to Singapore.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

I'm a little intrigued by the trouble you had with Russian sockets. Our European two-prong adaptor plug worked perfectly there on a three-week visit - and was the same adaptor plug that we used in Poland, Prague etc.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

Do Polish wall sockets generally have an earth pin projecting in them?

It makes a difference since my adaptor has no hole for that.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

Yes they have. You can see a type E socket in the link in post 1 above.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Electrical plugs and sockets in Poland

They generally do. I still have some old devices with plugs that don;t have a hole for an earth pin. A little playing around with a nail helped ;)