We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me if this would be a good choice location wise, for arriving on the Ryanair bus from Modlin Airport? How near is it to the Old Town and other points of interest?

Many thanks.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

The Intercontinental is slap bang in the centre of Warsaw, close to the main train station and the Palace of Culture. The distance to the Old Town is around 3 km but there is a bus right from the front of the hotel (No 518). Warsaw attractions are scattered around Warsaw so wherever you stay, you may have to use public transport at one time or another anyway. No hotel has everything on its doorstep.

I not sure there is such a thing as a Ryanair bus - do you know the address where it stops?

ModlinBus terminates on the opposite side of the Palace Culture (easy walking distance to the Intercontinental) plus there are trains from Modlin station to Wa-wa Centralna.

http://www.modlinbus.com/

trains:

http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

Warsaw public transport

518 line from E. Plater to Plac Zamkowy

ztm.waw.pl/rozklad_nowy.php?c=182&l=2&q=518

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Yes, Intercontinental is a very good choice location wise, at the major transport hub in the center of Warsaw. Some attractions are within a walking distance, others can be easily accessed via public transportation with no changes required.

USA/Polska
Level Contributor
450 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Pack your bathing suit. It truly has the most spectacular pool, Jacuzzi setting in all of Poland.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

We have stayed in Warsaw 3 times now, once at the Intercontinental, once at the Sofitel and once at the Bristol. Location wise I would say they are all ok, but the Bristol and the Sofitel (renovations should be coming to an end soon) would be my choices if we return to Warsaw in the future. Even though the Intercontinental had the best breakfast out of those 3 hotels (my opinion). All 3 hotels have their own pool with the Sofitel pool being our favorite. Doesn't make the choice easier does it ;-))

5. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 12:35
UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Thank you everyone for your replies, really very much appreciated.

I think I've settled on the Interconintental and just trying to decide whether to take the bus or the train from Modlin. We arrive on a Saturday at around 11.00 a.m., bit worried about the traffic and how long the bus may take. Similarly for when we depart, around 08.30 a.m. on a Tuesday. Would the train be a much quicker? The train looks like it will get us closer to hotel but involves getting a bus from Modlin to the train station at Modlin. Can't decide!!

Many thanks once again. :-)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Traffic on Saturdays is light, Tuesday mornings are worse but most of the traffic is going in the opposite direction. However, I do not see any ModlinBus that could get you to the airport in time for your 8.30 am flight. The earliest departure seems to be 7.30

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

When we stayed at the Intercontinental we also had an early flight from Modlin and I asked the hotel to book a Glob taxi for us for the morning we left (did it the night before) as I knew they do the trip to Modlin for 99zl single, a pretty good deal and not that much more expensive than the train (and hassle free).

More info here (only in Polish though).

www.globcabtaxi.pl/index.php…

UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

THanks Ozzlem for the info on the transfers/traffic. I meant we would have to get the 08.30 bus to catch our flight (11.30) as maybe the 09.30 bus would be cutting it a bit fine? What do you think? THanks also to Delectatio, I'll bear that taxi in mind, that price is fine :-).

Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So looking forward to Warsaw, I've been to Krakow but I can see it will be nothing like that (Old Town aside).

Regards, Gill.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Intercontinental Warsaw

Yes, I think the 8.30 bus is much safer, at least that's what I would choose.