We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

Francavilla di...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

nello

where can i buy a map ?

can i buy a 4 day pass for the transportation? and where?

is there any transportation at 20:00 on 31 of december from the airports?(both of them)?

thank you!!!

marcella

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

Single-trip tickets, short-term tickets, and tickets for 1, 3, 7 or 14 days can (and should) be obtained in kiosks and ticket-machines

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

There are no 4 day tickets. Buy a 3 day ticket (valid on the day of validation + 2 floowing days and NOT 72 hours) and a 1 day ticket (valid 24 hours).

There should be no problem to catch a bus or train from the airports as public transport works as on sundays with some lines cancelled. A waiting time of more than 20 minutes is unlikely on every major route.

Tourist information on the main airport as well as hotels have free maps. If you need a detailed one, you can get them in bookshops (for instance Empik).

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=177&l=2

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

As far as I can see there will be no 3 day ticket after the ticket tariff change on 1 January. It will be replaced by a weekend ticket and a group weekend ticket (up to 5 people) valid from Friday 19:00 through Monday 08:00. Do not buy the currently used 3 day ticket if you do not intend to validate it before 31 December 23:59. As of 1 January it will be refused by the validating machines and you will have to pay a visit to one of the ZTM offices to exchange it. Validated before 1 January, it will remain valid till 23:59 on the third day.

http://www.ztm.waw.pl/index.php?c=608&l=2

Francavilla di...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

hello

thanks a lot!

do you know if from any airport i can buy and use the 3 days ticket for public transportation?

i will fly ib to warsaw and arrive at 20:00. what zone is the airport?

thank you

marcella

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

Warsaw Chopin is 1st zone. You can use the 3 day ticket.

Warsaw Modlin is outside of Warsaw agglomeration. You need separate tickets to first get to Warsaw.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

Airports are not allocated randomly so if you know your arrival hour, you also know which airport you will be flying into. The only change may happen in bad weather (fog, snow, rain) when flights may be redirected from WMI to WAW due to the fact that WAW has a higher category ILS at the moment.

Francavilla di...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

thank you!

marcella

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
196 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

There's a very good tourist information point in Palace of Culture and Science, go there!

10. Re: where in warsaw i can get or buy map and more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw
Recent Conversations