We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Warsaw / less well known things to do

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
249 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Warsaw / less well known things to do

Hi,

I have been to Warsaw before and done all the obvious things - Uprising Museum, Old Town, Copernicus, the park etc.

I'm going to be there again over new year.

What should I do next?

I am happy to go out of the city on buses or trains to see other things.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Warsaw / less well known things to do

From wikitravel

Kampinos Forest (~15 km, take the 708 bus) – A wild and beautiful primeval forest, often called the green lungs of Warsaw, and an ideal choice for a day off from the noise of the city

Konstancin-Jeziorna (~20 km, take the 700 bus) – A spa town with a spacious park. Famous for its clean air and high housing prices.

Krakow (~300 km, in just under 3 hours by hourly IC/Ex trains) – The former capital of Poland, this was the European City of Culture in 2000.

Lublin (~200 km) – A medieval city with a well preserved old town, it is now the largest city and main tourist attraction in eastern Poland.

Kazimierz Dolny (~150 km, less than two hours by TLK train to Puławy, then half an hour by bus) – A Renaissance town with a picturesque marketplace, it is a hub for painters and Boheme.

Żelazowa Wola (~50 km) – The birthplace of Frederic Chopin.

2. Re: Day Trips from Warsaw / less well known things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:18