We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poland: too much to see, too little time

New Delhi, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poland: too much to see, too little time

Hi all, I am travelling to Poland for 3 days. I was hoping to see Krakow, Wroclaw and Warsaw but i believe that will be too much to cover in 3 days. Which 2 cities do you suggest I cover in 2 days? Also what will be the weather like in May?

ps- we would love to see nice landscapes, archi sites and taste authentic Polish food.

Guisborough, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poland: too much to see, too little time

I would stay in one city for your three days else you'll not be able to experience much of Poland in your short time if you are travelling city to city.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
120 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poland: too much to see, too little time

You can stay in Krakow (it is much more interesting that Warsaw) and have one-day trip south of Krakow into mountains - try Rabka for example.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poland: too much to see, too little time

You need to be more specific - there is no way to appreciate any of these cities in one day, given they are a few hours apart. Go to Krakow. As the former Royal Capital and having suffered almost zero damage in 1939/45 the old town is a virtually complete medieval city. The Wawel complex houses the Royal Castle and Cathedral, both immensly interesting, and some related museums. The area leading to, and surrounding, the rynek (main square) has wonderful churches, the Cloth Hall and Old Town Hall tower, the university buildings and the buildings associated with John Paul II. There are beautiful gardens, fast and slow eating places, the river to cruise, plus Krakow has a LOT of museums - not ony of the history of the city but relating to the occupation, the Jews of the area (Auschwitz is a bus ride away and worth visiting if you have time and interest, but it will take about 7 hours total to go, see and return to Krakow) and the city has the main units of the National Museum plus the Polish Air Museum. There's a static balloon to see Krakow from on high. There is beautiful country around and about, but the mountains are about 2 hours away - maybe be content with a boat trip on the Vistula to Tyniec Abbey, which is outside the city and in a lovely setting on a cliff over the river, which may satisfy your wish for scenery.

Going back to my first point - you are from Delhi. Krakow has far more places of interest to tourists than Delhi (I know there are many places of interest in Delhi, bit for all it is only 1m or so total pop, Krakow has more which are well known/famous) so how could you imagine you would be able to do ay justice to Dehi in one day. I was in your city a couple of years ago and saw Q'utb, Rajpath, Connaught Circus, Humayun's Tomb, the Cottage Industries Emporium and the Lotus Temple. I wsh I'd seen more, but even those places took two days. Delhi has huge traffic problems and most of Krakow is 100% walkable (in fact, the city centre is pedestrianised) so much less time is needed to get from one place to another - but really, there is enough on the rynek alone to fill a day. Enough on Wawel Hill to fill a day. (And don't forget to go down to the river to see Smok, the Krakow Dragon.

4. Re: Poland: too much to see, too little time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:38
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw