We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
385 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Hi!

Is there a bus going from the stop near Novotel to Rising museum?Please give me the direction also written on the bus.How long do I have to estimate for this distance on a Saturday morning?

I 'd also like to know, if I can cover by taxi in 1 hour the distance between Modlin airport and Chopin airport (on a Tueasday morning) so I can manage to catch my flight to Krakow at 13.35, if we arrive at Modlin at 10.30.

Do we have to be at check-in 1 hour before departure for domestic flights ?

And a last thing : are there any lockers in Central station for big luggage so we can leave our luggage for 4 hours and see Warsaw?

Thank you in advance for all your help which makes us plan our trip the best possible way!

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Hi,

1. Take tram no. 8 (direction Os. Górczewska), no. 22 (direction Piaski) or no. 24 (Nowe Bemowo) and get off at the 6th stop (Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego). Estimated travel time: 10-15 minutes.

2. That's a tough one. Technically yes, but it all depends on the traffic. Fortunately it's not really peek time at 11am, but I am not quite familiar with how busy are the roads from Modlin usually. You should tell the taxi driver you're in a hurry and maybe even pay some extra Zloty, then your chances should increase ;)

3. Check-in closes something like 45 minutes before the flight for LOT (or is it1 hour?), so be earlier than that. Of course, if you travel without checked luggage, you could do on-line check-in and arrive a little later. Usually they are strict about that so really do try to be ahead of time.

4. Yes, there are both self-service luggage lockers and a staffed left luggage point.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

LOT closes their check-ins 30 mins before the departure. The security is not jammed so you should pass it through even if you check in that late, ask at the check-in for assistance if you feel uncertain about your timing.

The roads from Modlin to Warsaw are not busy at that time, you should make it.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
385 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Thanks for the info.

Do you know by any chance how much is the taxi fair between the 2 airports?

When we ll arrive at domestic departures we ll have a security check first or go to check-in desk ,give luggage and then go through security check (as we have it in Greece).If we have checked our luggage on time there wont be logically any problem even if it is crowed in security check, isn't it?They ll have to wait for us at the boarding gate.So we ll just have to be 1 hour earlier for check-in(12.30)

Of course all depends on Ryannair's ponctuality...

Thanks again, my friends

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Modlin airport recommends two taxi companies who agreed on a flat rate: SAWA taxi (also available from the taxi ranks at Chopin airport - look for 6444444 on the vehicles) and MODLIN Taxi (you would have to call ahead). The tariff is 199PLN 06.00-24.00 all days except certain public holidays. Glob Taxi is cheaper but you need to call ahead to arrange it. Other taxis will calculate their fare according to their official tariffs (Modlin is in taxi zone 2 which is very expensive per km).

Security is after check-in. My experience with airlines/airports is that if you do not make it through security in time for your flight (or you are late for your flight for any other reason like browsing in duty free shops), your luggage is taken off the plane and it departs without you. I seriously doubt Ryanair will wait. Ryanair do not do logic.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 10:44
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

Just an advice: check in online for that LOT flight the day before leaving and print your boarding pass. Also LOT does not wait for late passengers but checking luggage late is more widely accepted than checking in.

6. Re: Bus from Novotel to Rising museum?and some other info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18