We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Hotel

Hi, could anyone tell me which hotel would be good to stay in for a few days in Warsaw. we like a nice clean hotel and we don't mind walking to attractions.

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

What is your price range and how do you expect the hotel to be (e.g. luxury, basic, modern, historical, business- like...)? There are lots of good hotels in Warsaw for everyone's taste and budget. Most hotels are located in central Warsaw anyway, some in the modern part of the city center, others in historical surroundings.

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Hi, we would be looking luxury and modern

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

I would start your research with Hyatt Regency Warsaw then. Just across the street to Łazienki - one of the Warsaw's highlights, some 60 mins walk to the Old Town, or 10 minutes by a direct bus. 5 minutes by bus to the city center.

Two alternatives:

Intercontinental Warsaw - in the center, 3 mins walk from the Warsaw Central staion, just across the street to the Palace of Culture & Science, or

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria - probably the oldest "modern style" class hotel in Warsaw, for a long time icon of the West for the Warsaw people.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

I'm also in need of a hotel for a few nights. My budget is around 250-300PLN

Anything decent for that price near Nowy Swiat?

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

Intercontinental: luxurious and modern; it's a highrise buidling with a pool and spa on the top floor offering great views over Warsaw;

other modern 5- star properties include: Hyatt Regency, Westin, Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton (though location is worse), Sofitel;

some other hotels as the Bristol or Polonia Palace are in historical buidlings but probably modern enough because of their high star ratings;

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

tml78: while there is no hotel at Nowy swiat (except for some serviced apartments neaby), you will find several hotels in short walking distance: Sheraton, Sofitel, Bristol, Novotel Centrum, Polonia Palace etc

Prices for accommodation drop ate weekends when business people leave. So you might even find a luxury hotel for about 300 PLN or less. Otherwise, check prices at Mercure Grand: it's 4 star so usually a bit cheaper than 5 star properties but gets great reviews and is close to Nowy swiat.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

Thank you FrequentTraveller22

Is that a good area to have as headquarters? It looks like I'll be staying during the week :(

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel

Hotel Mercure Warszawa Grand or Mercure Warszawa Centrum. I can get both for about the same price..

Which is the better "overall" hotel.

Thanks again

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel

If you prefer to be near Nowy Swiat, cafes, restaurants and the historical areas, stay at the Mercure Grand. The Mercure Centrum is located in the very city center, near the main station and behind a huge shopping mall. It's one of the first modern hotels built after communism in the beginning of the 90ies so it looks a little dated and unspectacular. The Mercure Grand reopened under this brand name just a few yeears ago after intensive renovation works.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel

Choose Centrum, its location is slightly better... in the very city center, right next to the Palace of Culture and Science, 200 meters from the railway station if you choose a train from the airport. Both are in walking distance from the aforementioned Nowy Świat, both are in the same distance from the Old Town... They are as much as 1,7 km from each other...