We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOT airlines reservation

Boston...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
LOT airlines reservation

I booked a flight on LOT airlines website but it didn't ask for my middle initial. I called the airline to inquire b/c the initial is on my passport. They said it wouldn't be an issue but that they would add the middle letter. Has any ever had an issue with them? I'm concerned that a problem would come up if the passport and tx don't have exact name matches. I know they said they would add it now but I was wondering if anyone had an issue with this?

1. Re: LOT airlines reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 04:24
Edited: 30 March 2014, 04:24
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LOT airlines reservation

Middle names do not matter. There are a lot of topics about this on the Air travel forum if you need more reassurance (Air Travel forum is in the Beyond destination forums section)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LOT airlines reservation

Nobody would use the initials of his middle name in Poland, this is common only in the USA. Believe, it does not matter at all so don't worry. Besides, there can be up to 3 spelling mistakes in the passengers' name.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LOT airlines reservation

Having flown with LOT over 250 times, I have never had nor heard about issues with middle initials. My tickets are always wrong (middle initial concatenated with first name),once I also have had a ticket with incorrect sex of one of my companions, we had no problem at all.

Boston...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LOT airlines reservation

We also fly out of Boston for all our international flights. This past February my husband ran into problems at Logan Airport because Junior was left of his ticket but appears on his passport. It took about 45 minutes to resolve this issue. After the ticket agent made several phone calls and called in to supervisors his ticket had to be reissued with Junior. You may have trouble at Logan, even if you don't have trouble in Poland. We were also told in Boston he would not be allowed to board the flight if the name on the ticket was not an exact match for the passport. Hope this is helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Poland
Poland
Europe
Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LOT airlines reservation

Middle name is not required - almost all Poles have middle name (including myself) but almost no one puts it on their ticket (I never do this, even though my middle name is written in my passport).

As far as I know, Junior is not a middle name...

Edited: 30 March 2014, 14:00
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LOT airlines reservation

Do you seriously think that an airline would omit to include middle names/initials on its booking forms if they were important?

8. Re: LOT airlines reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16