We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much Cash to bring?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How much Cash to bring?

I will be in Warsaw, Krakow, and Tatra Mountains for day and half each. How much cash should I bring for food? My hotel includes breakfast. I was planning on bringing 350 zloty total. I don't drink beer and the only souvenirs I plan to buy is postcards and a shot glass for my sister. Is that enough?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much Cash to bring?

Does that include transport?

See this thread re food costs tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k75…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much Cash to bring?

Does not include transport, that and hotel (which includes breakfast) is taken care of. I came up with 350PLN for food, attractions, and mis (souveniers).

Edited: 08 June 2014, 20:15
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much Cash to bring?

If you don’t eat in expensive restaurants or spend money on taxis, 350 PLN could be fine for a few days. A decent meal costs about 40 PLN and Poland is generally cheaper than many other countries. If you get out off cash, there are ATMs and exchange offices everywhere. Also credit cards are widely accepted.

Teddington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much Cash to bring?

I spent about PLN100 over three days on food, transport and admission to museums and the like. I had 600 so had an awful lot left. Poland is cheap. My dinner each night cost about PLN20, back in Berlin it cost €30 for a similar meal.

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
232 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much Cash to bring?

Sorry longhaulfromlondon, for that money you did not try our best...

@ Tee0208 - it's OK, but if you can bring more - do it. Our food is so great you will want more and more. Especially in Zakopane, which is great but expensive. However, if you drink no alcohol, you will also be fine with 350.

6. Re: How much Cash to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:15