We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito's

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito's

Are mosquitos prevalent in Bohinj and Bled middle of May?

I know that they can be a problem at night near water but are there any particular problems to be aware of?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito's

Mosquitoes can be a nuisance while out walking so remember to carry some insect repellent with you. Also use a mosquitoe machine in your room. I took all the usual precautions during my visit to Bled during late June last year and had no bites. However, saw mosquitoes on the lake during early evening / night.

Ticks (tiny blood sucking insects, like a tiny black pinhead on your skin) can be a problem if not removed faily quickly. Late spring and early summer and when you're most likely to find them, so check exposed skin at the end of the day. I walked around Bled & Bohinj, did not have any problems.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
573 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito's

I didn't come across any mosquitos when I was in Bohinj last August. We didn't bother using any insect repellant, and we had no problems.

3. Re: Mosquito's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:16